Tengile River Lodge
Welcome to Tengile River Lodge.
Situated in a perfect position on the banks of the Sand River, with sweeping river views from every vantage point, lies Tengile River Lodge. Meaning ‘tranquil’
in the local language, the lodge certainly has an advantage over all others in the Sabi Sand
Game Reserve. The location benefits from a great diversity of wildlife including, the Big Five as it neighbours and shares a 50 km (31 mi) unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park. World-renowned for its prolific leopard sightings, strict vehicle limits at sightings ensure the exclusivity of an
up-close game viewing experience with game drives traversing an area of 10,500 hectares
This magnificent lodge features nine enormous, air-conditioned, secluded suites, dotted in the dappled shade of the bushveld, each with panoramic river views. In addition to a master bedroom, bathroom and outdoor shower, there is a lounge, dining area, fully-stocked bar, coffee station and outdoor seating and dining area that is guaranteed to take your breath away. A private lap pool on your spacious private deck comes complete with a sunken outdoor lounge looking out onto the famed Sand River. For families, two of the lodge’s suites are joined by a covered walkway to create a family suite. Choose from a variety of exciting activities such as twice-daily game drives and evening safaris, interpretive bush and nature walks, photography lessons, birdwatching, star gazing, private and photographic safaris.
Price per person sharing per night (one suite for occupancy of two people) from 35 000 ZAR
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees and
refreshments on game drives
- Safari activities (twice-daily game drives)
- Local community visit
- One hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the Skukuza Airport
- SWAROVSKI OPTIK binoculars (one pair per room to use throughout stay)
- Guides' Journal with illustrated wildlife and vegetation checklist
- Area map with illustrated Star Birds checklist
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Purchases from the Safari Shop
- All items of a personal nature Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, high-quality branded spirits and cigars
- State Bed Conservation or Park Fees
- Landing fees
- Administration fee
This magnificent lodge features nine enormous, air-conditioned, secluded suites, each with
panoramic river views. For families or small groups, two of the lodge’s regular suites are joined
by a walkway to create a family suite. Each suite has its own master bedroom that can be made
into a double or a twin bed.
ALL SUITES INCLUDE:
- En-suite bathroom
- Outdoor shower
- Bar area
- Dining area
- Private lap pool
- Private outdoor deck with panoramic views
- Outdoor lounge area
- WIFI available throughout lodge
- Fitness & Wellness: fully equipped gym and wellness centre with a range of massage treatments on offer
- Cleaning: a complimentary laundry service is available
- Food Service: package includes 3 meals daily
Tengile River Lodge is situated inside the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, adjacent to the world-renowned Kruger National Park. The Sabi Sand is part of a conservation area that covers over two million hectares (almost five million acres), in the north-east of South Africa, in the eastern part of the Mpumalanga province.
Getting to Tengile River Lodge:
Federal Air offers daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg to Skukuza airport, which is followed by an easy drive to the camp.
Connect Tengile River Lodge to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Phinda Private Game Reserve, and Ngala Private Game Reserve.
It is a five-hour drive from Johannesburg, on very good roads, in a two-wheel-drive vehicle