Royal Madikwe Lodge
Limpopo, Madikwe National Park (Cape Town) max 10 Persons
The Royal Madikwe is a 5 Star Luxury Safari Residence in the heart of South Africa´s game-rich malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve offering unrivalled wilderness experiences, an exceptional accommodation, unsurpassed hospitality and service and excellent cuisine standards for a maximum of 10 guests. The exclusivity of this private safari villa, which offers sole and exclusive use on request, means that families and friends not only have a private luxury bush home but a piece of untamed Africa all to themselves. The lodge is overlooking a waterhole that teems with a wide variety of wildlife.
The Madikwe prime game-viewing land on the edge of the Kalahari is home to 66 large mammal species with an abundance of Africa's Big Five (including both white and the endangered black rhino), Herds of Buffalo and Elephant, prides of Lion and the illusive Leopard roaming the 76 000 hectar. Wild dog, Cheetah, Brown Hyena, Spotted Hyena, Giraffe and great Antelope provide fantastic sightings. Other interesting Mammal species such as Gemsbok, Kudu, Impala, Eland, Springbok, Klipspringer, Red hartebeest, Zebra, Warthog and smaller antelope species occur in the area. Smaller species include rock dassie, African civet, genet, bush baby, porcupine, and aardvark.
As a guest you will encounter many of the animals on safari or from the privacy of your own viewing deck, as each of the very large, air-conditioned suites opens onto its own elevated game-viewing deck, which blends into the African landscape. Including the luxurious Royal Master Suite, there are five spacious open-style suites, each beautifully furnished, with a fireplace, an en-suite bathroom and the exclusivity of a private pool, a game viewing deck and an outside shower.
The interior of the main lodge is also largely inspired by nature, although modern interior styles have been introduced to add a fine streak of eccentricity and a vibrant African feel to this authentic space. The comfortable entertainment areas include a stylish lounge, an elegant dining room and a cozy library, all leading to elevated decks and sweeping views of the African bush. Other facilities of Royal Madikwe include a Curio Shop, a Wine Cellar, a Cigar Lounge, a TV Lounge, a Kids Play Room, an Indoor and Outdoor Bar, a traditional Boma, a tranquil infinity Main Pool, a Viewing Deck with GPRS Telescope and a variety of other elevated decks, all overlooking the well frequented Water Hole.
Breakfast, Lunch and High Tea are usually sumptuous al fresco affairs, with guests indulging in divine delicacies as cheeky monkeys leap through the trees. Dinnertime however is a lavish feast, whether enjoyed formally in the elegant dining room with crystal and chandeliers or outside where the glow of a Boma fire and the singing of the ethnic choir serve up the perfect backdrop to gourmet excellence under African skies. The cuisine is inspired by Africa´s diverse cultures and cosmopolitan influences using the freshest seasonal produce and award-winning South African wines.
Just as meals can be planned according to own preferences, the safari activities are arranged around guests wishes so that every interest and expectation can be realized for bush experiences of a lifetime. Due to the variety of activities and the diversity of the reserve, a stay of 5 nights with a minimum of 3 nights is recommended. Please note, that children of all ages are welcome at Royal Madikwe. Children under 4 years of age are not allowed on game drives, but Safari Kid programs can be designed on arrival and children can be well entertained by the warm, friendly team and the African bush surroundings.
|price on request|
Royal Madikwe Rates 2016/2017
Every Reservation is given complete exclusivity and private sole use of the Royal Madikwe Luxury Safari Residence. Royal Madikwe can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests with a variety of suite options.
Price on request
Please contact us for Payment and Cancellation Policies.
|Sleeps (max)||10 Persons|
- Generous, stylish lounge opens to elevated deck with sweeping views
- Very elegant dining room opens onto elevated deck
- Well sorted library plus a cigar lounge
- TV Lounge
- Kids play room
- Fully stocked wine cellar
- Souvenir Store
1 x Luxury Royal Suite
- The bush retreat is perfect for families with young children and can accommodate up to 4 guests.
- 1 x Double Room and en-suite bathroom with indoor & outdoor shower
- 1 x Twin bedroom en-suite
- Air Conditioning
- Large dining room with an open designer kitchen
- Lounge, library & TV lounge
- Viewing deck with hot tub
3 x Luxury Double Suites
- Large four poster bed
- En-suite bathroom with indoor & outdoor shower
- Mini bar plus coffee making facilities
- Air conditioning
- Elevated sun deck
- Private plunge pool
1x Luxury Twin Suite
- Large twin beds
- En-suite bathroom with indoor & outdoor showers
- Mini bar & coffee making facilities
- Air Conditioning
- Elevated Sun Deck
- Private plunge pool
Luxury Kiddies Suite
- Additional bedroom with four beds
- Accommodates children but can also be used for nannies, butlers or a pilot travelling w / guests)
- Is located in the main lodge
- Has one en-suite bathroom
- Indoor and Outdoor Bar,
- Traditional Boma,
- Large infinity pool
- Viewing Deck with GPRS Telescope
- Variety of other elevated decks, all overlooking the well frequented water hole
- Exclusive use of residence
- Accommodation in royal suite, family suite or luxury suites
- All meals and local beverages
- All safari activities including game drives and bush walks
- Meet and greet at Johannesburg International Airport
- Reserve entry fees
- Return transfers from Madikwe Airstrip to the lodge
- Optional day trips
- Optional specialized safari activities
- Select premier wines * French champagnes *
- Gift shop purchases
- Gratuities to staff